The Vitruvian Sleipner, part 3

vitruv_06
Some of the tools I used for sculpting the Vitruvian Sleipner

Once I had adjuted the ”skeleton” of steel wire to fit into the polymer clay-wrapped mobile ring, it was quite easy to build up the horse’s body and give it its round shapes.

A special challenge was the eight legs, to find out in what way they should be attached to the body. I thought a lot about it and I tried some different solutions. Eventually I came to the conclusion that four of the legs would belong to the front of the body and four legs to the back. In this way it could look ”right” from both sides.

Lämna ett svar

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *